
U.S.A. and an eagle at the elections breakfast

Sharing a crepe

I am the Eiffel Tower

Steph and I

Michelle, Jane and Me
Last weekend I went to Paris with my Art of Romanticism class. It was really interesting to go to a museum and actually know what I am looking at, who the painter was and the stories behind the paintings. We went to the Museum D’Orsay, Le Louvre, Le Musée de la vie romantique, and Le Musée Jaquemark-André. Our teacher gave us a guided tour in each museum and I knew she was intelligent because she has a PHD in Art History and she has written at least on book, but she is also a passionate and mysterious French woman. During our few breaks I walked around with my Friends, ate creeps, went to the Sacre Cour, Eiffel Tower at night and my favorite thing was sitting in a café drinking hot coco and talking with my friends for hours. This weekend I was with a couple of my favorite people in the program and we had such great conversations about compassion, economics, politics, religion, emotion and philanthropy. It is a wonderful experience to have intelligent and cleaver people to have great conversations with. Even though I was in Paris, the highlight of my trip was conversing with my friends.
The weekend before Paris and this past weekend, I stayed in Strasbourg. I love staying here because it is like a vacation away from vacation. I have time to discover Strasbourg and I have also made some friends who study at the French University. I made dinner for one of my friends one night, went ice skating and dancing with them, went to a concert and meet a friend for tea. I’ve practiced my French with them a lot and they also practice their English with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment